What are the Responsibilities of the PACE Board of Directors?
The Board sets the Course of the Center
- Create a Vision for 30-40 years down the road
- Create a Mission Statement
- Create a Strategic plan for the next 3-5 years
Hire the Executive Director
- Evaluate annually
- Establish Executive Director starting salary base through comparison with similar organizations
Oversee the Center’s Assets
- Assure the Center is in compliance with all federal fiscal mandates
- Plan annual audit
- Review and approve annual budget
- Review financial reports monthly
Fund Development by Board members
- Contribute financially
- Network with potential donors
- Influence donors and solicit funds
- Chair fundraising events
- Chair committees, including the fundraising committee
If you are interested in becoming a board member, please send us a resume and attend two board meetings as a guest to see how the board functions. When that is completed, the board will vote on your membership.
Board meetings are open to the public. They are on the 4th Thursday of the month except for November, when it moves forward to the 3rd Thursday due to Thanksgiving. In December, we usually do not have a meeting. The meeting starts at 7 pm and usually lasts no longer than an hour. We meet in the PACE conference room at 1317 E. Florida, Urbana, IL. 61801. It is good to call ahead and confirm the meeting when visiting.
COVID-19 Update: The Board is currently meeting virtually on zoom. If you are interested in attending a board meeting, please contact us for the meeting login information.