Within our housing services, PACE provides:
- low-cost housing options
- subsidized housing application assistance
- home modification resources
- access to an accessible housing list for apartments in Champaign County
- advocacy for reasonable accommodations/modifications in housing
- information and referral to local shelters/community supports for people experiencing homelessness
Rent/Utility Assistance Process and Documentation Needed:
- PACE staff can make a referral to our partner agency for rent/utility expense assistance for consumers once per year.
- The maximum amount we can refer for is $250-$300.
- Our partner agency requires that they pay the final portion of a bill. So, if consumers need more than $300 of assistance, they must pay the additional amount first and provide documentation of that payment.
- To complete a referral, our staff need a copy of the current least [for rent assistance], a copy of the final bill to be paid, information about the circumstances of the need, and general consumer information to document the service.