Visual Impairment North of 55 years
Description of VIN55 program
The Visual Impairment North of 55 Years program offers low vision services specifically to people 55 years of age and older, who have significant vision loss. Services include assistance with needs identification, information & referrals to low vision programs/agencies, peer counseling, low vision support groups, low vision aids, assistive technology demonstrations and loans, independent living skills training, low vision fairs, and Braille printing.
We can assist people less than 55 years with visual impairment through our General Services program. Support Groups are open to all ages.
4 major links to vision loss organizations:
- Referrals to low vision programs/agencies:
- American Foundation for the Blind www.afb.org
- American Printing House for the Blind www.aph.org
- National Federation of the Blind www.nfb.org
- Prevent Blindness America www.preventblindness.org
Braille Printing: We can do small jobs at a fee.