Equipment for people with disabilities, commonly called “assistive technology,” provides many with abilities that might otherwise remain unrealized. Assistive technology can range from the simple (say, for example a rubber pad used to get a better grip to open a jar of honey) to the complex (devices that “read” brainwaves to type by thinking).
PACE is here to assist consumers:
- Learn what is available, and what may be coming
- Decide what equipment could use
- Try different options out
- Choose the one you like the best for your needs
- Find a vendor if you need to purchase for permanent use
- Locate Funding Options you are eligible for
- Assist you in making application
- Celebrate your new found INDEPENDENCE
PACE maintains an Equipment Loan Closet for our membership . Members with disabilities who want to try out and borrow adaptive equipment. That way you can use some items before you purchase them and be sure they fit your needs. If PACE does not have the equipment you request, PACE staff will assist you in your search to purchase or borrow the equipment you need.
EQUIPMENT FOR MOBILITY:
For members who have mobility concerns:
- Bath Benches
- Single footed and Quad Canes
- Commodes (3 in 1 drop arm)
- Manual Wheelchair
EQUIPMENT FOR DEAFNESS AND HEARING: DEAF AND HARD-OF-HEARING SERVICES
- For members who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing:
- Pocket Talkers
- Signalers (flashing light doorbell, fire alarm etc)
- Hotel Kits for access when traveling.
- Bed shaker alarm
- Baby cry alert
EQUIPMENT FOR LOW VISION OR BLINDNESS: VISUAL IMPAIRMENT SERVICES
For members who are 55 years of age and older who have visual impairment:
- Hand held magnifiers
- Dome magnifiers
- Support white canes
For members who have been consistently timely on loan returns we will consider loaning other higher end assistive technology.